Sunday, April 14, 2013

Journey and Unpacking


Below is the first of my emails letting people know how my move from Colorado to Pennsylvania was going.  It was sent March 21, 2013:

"I wanted to send a quick update of my move.  As most of you know, my mom and I drove out to Pennsylvania together.  It took us three days, but we made it safely to our destination late Tuesday night (we're staying with a lady in Orangeville, which is near Danville).  We were able to get into the rental house Wednesday and immediately started to clean (though the landlords had supposedly cleaned, there is still a lot of grime to be wiped from surfaces).  My household goods arrived this morning and the truck was unloaded in 3 hours.  So far, the only casualty of the shipment is to a metal trashcan lid; there is a giant dent in the top where there used to be no blemish.  We have put in long days since we left Colorado on Sunday.  I will tell you more stories from our road trip in future emails, they include being pulled over twice in the same day (different states), a long trip down memory lane (for my mom) and having the car in the shop, twice, despite there being nothing mechanically wrong.  I hope you are all doing well!

Good night from PA,
Kristen"

No comments:

Post a Comment