Saturday, August 3, 2013

"Working for the Weekend"

I think I can officially say that Warren and I are "working for the weekend."  Each weekend we seem to find something new to do or just enjoy time hanging out with Joanne and Luiz.  Here are the highlights of our weekends in July:

1) Kayaking the West branch of the Susquehanna river.  A nice wide, smooth flowing river, I got the hang of it pretty quickly.  And with 4 hours on the river complete with snacks, water fights and conversations with good friends, who wouldn't enjoy themselves?

Me and Joanne

Warren

Luiz

2) A long weekend with family.  See my previous post about my sister and dad being in town.  Great memories

3) Archery shopping with Joanne.  Joanne and I decided we'd like to learn how to use a bow and arrow.  Not to hunt anything, but for target practice, especially on those days when you need to release a little tension.  We took a few practice shots with different bow types (recurve vs. compound).  We both like the wooden bows more than the modern ones (like they use in the olympics).  In fact, we ended up ordering the same bow.  No date yet as to when it's supposed to arrive, I'll keep you posted...

4) A brand new yoga studio has opened in town, studioB (www.studiobyogacenter.com).  It is owned by a young lady, Becky, who moved here from NYC, because her sister is starting residency at Geisinger in Ob/Gyn.  She said that she was planning to open a studio soon in Long Island anyway, and when her sister was accepted here, she decided to relocate too.  If nothing else, but to have an opportunity to thrive in a place where there isn't a yoga studio on every corner (I'm sure the rent's cheaper here too.)  I took my first class there today.  It's a great space, very open and inviting with a positive energy.  I was amazed at how much my body/spirit was craving a good yoga class.  I will definitely be back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment